Wednesday, September 17, 2014

                                                "Things I've learned"


    I grew up with an older sister and younger brother. I was the middle child. The black sheep as they call us. I was a slow learner in school and they of course got good grades. I hated when a teacher would call on you to answer a question you didn't know the answer to or give you an assignment that you didn't understand how to do. Instead of me just asking for help, I would take a 0. I hated sitting in class for forty-five minuets. It just killed me. I started cutting classes especially when I knew we were doing a project that I had no clue how to do. I was just embarrassed. Nobody made fun of me, but I was worried about that. English was the only subject I was good at. I loved English and that's helped me with writing.

 During the eight grade, I went to a special school. Me and the girls and guys I cut school with went. They only had like five kids to a class and that was so they can help you better one on one. It helped a lot. I actually had a good teacher who would sit and explain math to me very well. I picked it up so much easier. We learned things there at Rose Hill School that the regular school didn't teach you. Like how to write checks out. I liked it. It's sad they closed it down though because we all did better there and school was from 9-2 pm. I liked those hours better.

 I've learned that it's not embarrassing to ask for help. I learned that I wasn't stupid just slower at learning that other kids. I had to go back to regular high school and I failed ninth grade and than tenth grade. I just quit school in the tenth because I was supposed to be in twelfth grade and I met a guy who I just wanted to spend all my time with, so I stopped going and stayed with him. When I was officially eighteen, I quit school. I moved in with Jerry but started going to night school. I took my GED and passed everything except math. So long story short, I decided to party instead of finishing my GED. But, now I'm in a writing course and doing good. It's my passion and I'm not giving up. I've learned my lessons. Writing is my passion and I will never give it up. I have a long story to tell and I do that in this Memoir I'm writing.

No comments: