Sunday, June 22, 2014

 Yay! I got a lot of writing done today! I'm just really excited for this Memoir. I'm nervous baring my truth and being so raw but I know that when you and do, it helps someone else and when you bring dark into light, you heal. I'm not perfect and nobody is. I've made a lot of mistakes growing up and even at being a parent as well I made mistakes. I know all my issues will help some other teens and woman. That's all I care about. That's always been my passion. I always wanted to help teens. I've been through just about everything as a teenager. Rape, abortion, addictions, anger, and abuse. Even having difficult parents. My parents did the best they could with what little information they had about raising children. My parents weren't the worst by far. 
 This generation has a lot of parenting books and shows on TV that discuss it. I did that ever since I had my first child. My Meggan. I didn't want to screw my babies up so I read a lot of parenting books. Mainly from Dr. James Dobson. He's a Christian Author and his ways are just awesome and so true. I just had a hard time at actually sticking to what it said to do. It's hard to break habits and no matter how bad you don't want to be like your parents, it will come out because it's all you seen and grew up with. You learned those ways. You may not do everything but you will do some. I know I did with the yelling.
  I hated that my parents always yelled at us. Than, I was with abusive guys who would yell. I was always around it. I tried really hard. I read a lot and listened to sermons. I went to therapy myself. I made mistakes but I know I was a good Mother. I taught my three to have manners and be kind especially to disabled kids. I told them to stand up to bullies for themselves and others. I taught them to address parents by Miss or Mr. I hate the words "yes Mam" and "yes Sir". Like my best friend they would say Aunt Misty or Miss Misty. I taught my sons to be loving and protective of each other. My older son, Brian would always walk Joshua to his class and at lunchtime he would run up and give Brian a hug. 
 I focused on those key issues of being loving and sweet so I'm hoping they take that and treat their girlfriends with respect and kindness. I do know they have seen and heard me and Dwayne argue and yell. I would always ask him to lower his voice but he wouldn't so I just couldn't help scream back. He just made me so angry that I'm trying so hard and wanting us to be good role models for them and he just didn't care. I tried to tell him what I learned from reading but he would change the subject. Anyhow, I love my babies dearly and they are my greatest blessing in life
and wish like every parent does, that I did better than I did. But, I did what I knew how and I did my best. 

No comments: